Saturday, June 26, 2010

Suspiciously Stupid

We've received a number of phone calls recently from the same number. Each time, they have asked for me, and each time, I have not been there to take the call -- otherwise, I would have had something to blog about much sooner. The caller wouldn't get to the point when Rebecca answered the first time, instead jokingly asking whether Rebecca was a burglar. Who does that? I learned this morning that they called for the third time yesterday, finally revealing their intentions. Would we like to buy lightbulbs? Lightbulbs you say? Tell me more about these bulbs of light you are selling! Hold on, I have to go turn down the phonograph. Needless to say, we weren't interested, but I find the idea of selling light-bulbs over the phone (in bulk, I assume, and probably CFL or new LED bulbs) to be bizarre enough that the first thing I asked myself was what they were really up to? So I guess that's one good test of whether you've got a flawed business model.

0 comments: