Sunday, February 14, 2010

Lunettes

Yesterday, Rebecca and I went to lunch with some friends, and it cost me about $400. I was holding a cranky Asher most of the time because I wasn't eating (I wasn't hungry) and when I took my glasses of to clean them, Asher grabbed at them, snapping them in half. Unfortunately, Hermione Granger wasn't at lunch with us, so I was left hopelessly blind. When I took my glasses in to Lenscrafters an hour later, they said there was nothing that could be done for them; even titanium has its limits, and it isn't particularly easy to solder. Shopping for glasses typically takes me several days to find something suitable, mostly because I have a small head, but because I'm arguably disabled without my glasses, I was quite anxious to find a replacement. Thankfully, Rebecca helped me find a pair, and my mishap coincided with a sale. Any savings, however, will be offset by the fact that Rebecca also found a set of frames that she liked. As far as impulse buys go, eyewear is pretty atypical, but I'm not going to give her a hard time about it because the frames look good on her, it's been at least 2 years since her last pair and, most importantly, these new frames would make her look more like her Mii character.

0 comments: