Friday, January 29, 2010

Saturdays are my usual days to gidderdun. Not so tomorrow, when I will be at the downtown campus scanning participants for the first time since the beginning of December. That means that the weekly task of mopping 1900 square feet of floor will go undone -- that is, unless Jude offers to do it. I have managed to persuade my oldest son that washing the floor is fun. It would be, too, if only we had the mopping zamboni that I have invented during those countless hours pushing a mop around the house since we moved here.

And when I finish scanning tomorrow evening, I get to return to a hot meal, just like I would have come to expect if only it were fifty years ago, before the ladies got all uppity. Frankly, I don't know what the big deal was. Cooking can be quite enjoyable if you have the right tools. I think the sexual revolution could have been avoided if All-Clad cookware was available in the '60s.

Sorry, the preceding paragraph was just an experiment. I'm testing different vectors for inducing a stroke in my aunts Kathy and Sandra, and a few other people who I know will read this. I haven't figured out a placebo condition yet.

Update: only coincidentally related to the entry title, I just discovered that Rock Band is available for the Wii. You may remember how I felt about it last year (or maybe it was in '08? I couldn't find the entry where I wrote about rocking out in Toys 'R Us, so you'll have to go back and read two years' worth of entries to learn more). I will go to bed now, and hope that the feeling passes; otherwise, I may have another money sink on my hands (to go along with my high-end cookware fetish).

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL

I hear the Bissell Steam Mop is domestic bliss. ;-)