Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Inaugural

This is the inaugural blog post from my new laptop. I didn't expect to be making this post so soon, as the availability for the model on the Lenovo website was listed as back-ordered by 4 weeks, and my receipt, generated on boxing day, listed an estimated ship date of February 2. Imagine my surprise when I received an email on December 28th indicating that my order had shipped. I can only assume that the guy responsible for programming throughput estimation for Microsoft was involved.



It occurred to me as I was preparing to leave for the Christmas break that, as I have peppered my blog with clues about my whereabouts, it would actually be pretty stupid to advertise the fact that the house would be empty for half a month. Now I'm going to have to go back through my blog entries and obfuscate my address, where I am currently staying, carefully avoiding all the booby traps that I have set all around the property. Except for when I go to the butcher to get a side of beef that I use to feed three armored tigers that we keep in the house.

Look, here we are in the backyard!

So le petit monsieur did his first real crawly bits this afternoon, which is something to write home about. Being lazy, I decided I could mention it in a blog entry which is likely to be read back at home, thereby killing two birds with one stone.

0 comments: