Friday, February 20, 2009

Some kind of fellow

A request has been made for me to hurry up and get on with writing another blog entry. However, as I just got back from an intimate little conference in Niagara Falls, formerly the Honeymoon Capital of the World, but now the Schlock Capital of the World, I haven't had much time to reflect on the sorts of issues that allow me to deliver the kind of hard-hitting pieces to which you have become accustomed.

So I thought I'd take advantage of my lack of direction and make this a little exercise in creativity. I decided to pick my topic by selecting an article from Wikipedia using the random article link. So, without further ado, I present to you my thoughts on ...

Ingolfiella longipes

Hmm. I can't say much about it, aside what we can all read from the wikipedia page. It turns out I'm not really as good at this as I thought I might be. It took me a couple passes to read the name though. That species name looks alot like long-pipes. Really, this fun-loving crustacean has a name that could be a character from a Harry Potter novel or something. Ingelfella Longpipes, that quirky defense against the dark arts instructor, who's always fumbling about his magical pockets for his tin of tobacco.

I don't think I'll try this exercise again.

0 comments: