Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A letter to smu

I'm meeting Jeff for brekkie in 30 mins. I've showered and am just going through my slides again. I woke up at about 6:30, well ahead of my 7:00 wake up call, but it felt like I slept till 9, and I slept straight through (not even waking up to pee) so I feel well rested. Also it feels like my brain is firing properly, so I think I'll be fine today. To be sure, I made myself some hotel room coffee. It tastes like how Erin and my dad make it.

I'm going into the day smelling like juniper. Maybe -- that's what the soap and lotion said (I have very dry skin). The hotel at which I am staying is the Estancia Spa/Hotel. That's right: spa. So they have fragranced everything. Funny how a dude can smell like olive oil and juniper extract, and if he has an excuse like, "I've just come from the spa," then it's okay. If instead his only excuse was that he likes to roll around in botanicals, he gets the big ole stink-eye.

0 comments: