Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Check in

I realize I haven't posted in over a week (by a few hours), so I should probably hastily jot some thoughts down.

No, I really have no thoughts. I am somewhat agitated about hearing back about either of the postdocs to which I have applied. I may have to endure a longer than strictly-necessary wait to hear about the San Diego job because I learned that there may be a policy that requires the position to be externally advertised, even if the position has effectively been filled. Still no word about the Brown one. And I have yet to apply for the one in Amy's lab. Also K (she uses initials to refer to her colleagues in her blog) is making me agitated by osmosis with her recent musings on the prospects of finding employment.

I'm sorry this entry isn't more amusing; more Tony Hawks-ish, as Carrie would call it. Unfortunately, I haven't found my thoughts to be especially amusing lately. Maybe I should read more light-hearted fare. I tend to introduce elements of the writing styles of authors that I am reading at any given time.

1 comments:

effamy said...

i'm sure K is only trying to preserve her colleagues' anonymity (in case anyone other than the initials ever do read these things) and she told me that pseudonyms work well too.
and while your prospects are quite good, i suggest a cocktail to relax the neurons. slack up some of those tight connections of yours.
otherwise try some fiction (not a lecture from a guy who wrote while he died). maybe will self..he's absurd and fun.
thanks for checking in though.