Monday, January 19, 2009

I wish right now, as I sit in the London International Airport at 5:34am, that I had some kind of wireless internet package. Then, I could post directly to my blog, and then tool around on Facebook for awhile. As it is, I’ll have to content myself with writing to my word processor and copying and pasting my thoughts to the interwebs later on. I dutifully showed up well in advance of my 6:20 flight because that’s what you’re supposed to do when you take an international flight, even though this airport isn’t especially busy, even during normal daylight hours, much less at this time of day. I hope I don’t get carpal tunnel syndrome from twiddling my thumbs. My boredom can only be compounded by the fact that my flight is delayed, though I only have 59 minutes from my scheduled arrival in Detroit and subsequent boarding of my flight to Minneapolis, and only 27 minutes in the Minneapolis airport before I have to board the flight to San Diego.
I hope my two laptop batteries last the trip.

Addendum: they did last the trip. Also, because of the delay leaving London, I barely made my connecting flight from Detroit to Minneapolis. And in Minneapolis, I only had to wait about 5 minutes by the time I got to the gate before they started to board that flight.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

The general early arrival thing for flights is not really applicable at the wee airports... For NWA out of London, you only need to show up 30 minutes in advance if you need to check in (can you do it online for them yet?) or check a bag, as that is when the check in person goes to load the plane and then do the boarding if I remember correctly.