Monday, September 15, 2008

I know a number of people born today: my sister Erin, Robyn Phillips, Brad's dad. In a couple days comes my buddy Ben, followed the next day by me, on the 18th. I was minding my own business at brunch this past Sunday when we were all rallied around the table for dessert. I turned to find a cake lit up in my honour. I was surprised because it had completely slipped my mind that I was celebrating my 6th annual 29th birthday this week. For reasons related to my impending PhD defense, and arrangements to buy and retrieve a used motorcycle from Sarnia (pictures forthcoming), I clearly haven't given my birthday much thought lately. Good thing I have a wish list posted on my blog for just such emergencies. On the topic of wish list, Rebecca stumbled across what might be an appropriate gift for Jen, Miranda and Amy, who are three ladies who have suffered cold hands a the computer every fall and winter since I have known them: USB heated fingerless gloves!

0 comments: