Thursday, September 18, 2008

Comical

I'll begin by thanking everyone, many preemptively, for the birthday wishes. So far the day is shaping up well. A little later on, I will be going down to the MTO office and getting a plate for my new motorcycle, which Aaron was good enough to ride back to my house from the cycle center. And this evening, there will be some dinner and shopping to cap off the day.

Another thing that made my morning was the news report about various political figures making some public blunders. I found the story about the (now) former NDP candidate posting a drug-induced video on the internet to be somewhat boring. Not that I can vote for her anyways, but I was somewhat troubled to learn that Sara Palin belongs to some kind of crackpot religious group (really? Alaska is God's haven for his chosen people to survive Armageddon? No, thanks, I'll pass on the purple kool-aid). No, what I found funny was the fallout from remarks made by Gerry Ritz. In poor taste? Perhaps. But for me, his stock just went up, as, in contrast to his party leader, he appears to have a sense of humour. However as soon as it came to light, they had him reading a scripted apology, no doubt drafted by party officials. I swear, there's not a member of the Conservative party that would pass the Turing test.

0 comments: