Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Five years from now...

I don't remember anymore what prompted me to google for it, but I stumbled across a blog that answers what the hell interviewers are on about when they ask, "what do you see yourself doing 5 years from now?" Actually, I doubt 99% of interviewers know why the hell they ask 99% of the boneheaded questions they ask. I firmly believe that the logic behind the battery of typical trite HR questions has been lost to all but a select group of HR professionals who guard their secrets like modern day Templar knights. The rest of the world's managers are left only with clipboards filled with checklists of pithy questions and the commonsense advice passed on from their managers not to hire someone who sees himself five years from now atop a bell tower with a high-powered rifle. If you have an interview in your future, you're welcome.

0 comments: