Sunday, January 23, 2011

Ministry of Silly Walks

It's my bedtime. Often, that involves randomly thrashing about the internet to see if there is any kernel around which I can throw my interest and delay my sleep. That's what my bookmarks are for. Naturally, I have an eclectic set of bookmarks, virtually none of which being a means of finding what team won whatever game was played on a particular evening. Rather, I have sites such as Nature bookmarked. Because there's not really much to think about after a game is done (at least, not if you didn't actually play in it). Somebody won. Somebody lost. And either you're thrilled about Green Bay going on to the Superbowl, or you're not. So I turn to science websites. Okay, so stories involving polymers are dullsville. But you're bound to find at least one scientific discovery that is actually comical. Like this one.

Granted, the authors weren't trying to be funny. But if you like Monty Python, the connection is irresistible. Check it out. And be sure to watch the video, but imagine the computer graphic is John Cleese.

1 comments:

effamy said...

truly the walk of someone looking on the bright side of life