Thursday, October 14, 2010

Phoning it in

This is brilliant. I'm on a bus1. Just going into work now because I had to get some groceries in order to fulfill my lab treats duty tomorrow, and haven't shopped in weeks. At the checkout at Dominick's, the cashiers read your name off the receipt and wish you a good day. Nice sentiment but I sometimes wish they wouldn't bother. "Have a nice day, Mr. Mc...hmmmghhnmg" she said, her voice trailing off. I'd really like to be privy to how her mind dealt with that scenario.

He looks normal enough. Let's hope he's a Smith.
"Have a good day Mr..."

Let's see here ... Mc ... oh sh**. I can only do McDonalds and McGregors. Maybe if I mumble the last part he'll think he just didn't hear me properly.
"Mc hmmmghhnmg"

Okay, now finish strong. I can get past this!

"Would you like help with getting your bags to your car?"

Aw goddammit, this next guy has a turban. I'm going to need a drink on my lunch break.

1I did a substantial amount of editing on my desktop computer once I got to work because, brilliant as it is, typing on an iPhone is really frickin' tedious.

1 comments:

effamy said...

Yeah....just imagine having my name dear....