Sunday, October 17, 2010

Giddinerdun

Gill has me exclaiming "Brilliant" all the time, often with a disconnect between the subject of the statement (that which is purported to be brilliant) and the subject's objective characteristics. As I first noticed the rather liberal use of the word in the Harry Potter series (often with the modifier bloody), I must assume that it's a British Isles thing, so maybe I'm just getting back to my roots.

My home media center, based around a Mac Mini, is objectively bloody brilliant, especially when paired with a free app downloaded from the iTunes store that lets me use my i-device as a remote controller for iTunes, effectively letting me fill my otherwise desolate house with whatever music strikes my fancy (I also overuse fancy, but that's the result of a linguistic feedback loop between myself and Jude, with John providing a repeater signal). This is exactly what I am doing now, as I tend to the household chores that I have been neglecting over the last three weeks. I'm not really sure what to do about the mess of leaves all over the property. I don't have a rake. Neither do most of my neighbours, I would wager, as I live in a neighbourhood where everyone and their dog has a small brigade of Mexican workers come once a week and tend to their properties. I'm just one white dude. How can I compete with that? At least I can vacuum like nobody's business -- or could, until I misplaced one of the attachments, which I suppose I should go find now, because I'm not giddinganythingdun as I sit here blogging.

0 comments: