Monday, March 29, 2010

Poster Presentation

I worked from home today -- inasmuch as one can work from home when a preschooler is home on March break. I've got a poster to present at the upcoming CNS conference in Montreal in just a few weeks, so I thought I should get around to starting it.

Based on the title of this entry and the way I started this entry, you're probably thinking I was going to tell you about my poster. But then you'd realize that describing a neuroscience poster the day after commenting on a legal matter would be blogger suicide, and I'd lose the three readers I've managed to keep since I started slacking off. So instead, I'm going to tell you about Jude's first academic poster presentation.

Jude was asking me what I was doing on the computer, and when I told him I was working on a poster, he decided he wanted to do one too. When I asked him what it should be about, he said it should be about a topic we recently shared a few giggles about. In the past, Jude has asked about why he has to eat his dinner. And he's asked about why we poop. Always looking to connect lessons together, I explained how the food that he eats goes into his belly where it's broken up into little bits and goes into pipes running all over his body where it can fix his boo-boos (he's got some sores where he was scratching an allergic rash). The leftovers, I explained, turn into poop. And that's what his poster is about. I took the liberty of highlighting the words food, belly, fix and poop. The accompanying graphic depicts an apple going into the belly. You can probably find the poop for yourself. Other than my insistence that the poop go into the green potty, and helping him spell belly, it's all delightfully done by his hand.

All comparisons were significant at the p=.05 level.

1 comments:

effamy said...

lots of diagrams, very few words, clear to follow. definitely he should be helping you with your posters from here on in. and the look that i am going to interpret as enthusiasm to share (because otherwise i'm interpreting it as a need to poop) is also clearly something we can all use for presenting our work.
yay jude.