Thursday, March 18, 2010

I came home yesterday afternoon in the middle of a laundry cycle that never ended. Sitting in the dinette, I thought to myself, "the washing machine sure is taking a long time to fill." As it turned out, it was taking a long time to fill because the water pouring in through the top of the machine was pouring directly out of the bottom of the machine. This is not the first time we have tested the throughput of the laundry room floor drains, but I'm certain it was the most intensive test yet.

So an email was sent out and a call was placed to a repairman; the repairman was called off and the house now has a new stackable washer/dryer set to be delivered on Monday. In the meantime, we have a considerable backlog of laundry to be done, and will hopefully avail ourselves of Amy's laundry facilities (unlike any other building complex I have seen, her laundry facilities are not coin-op).

I wish it were otherwise, but there really is nothing funny at all about laundry, and it's hard to be clever about a load of towels.

0 comments: