Thursday, October 2, 2008

Schtank

I'm currently on hold with Rogers, as I attempt to find out exactly what will happen to the 15% discount I am enjoying should I choose not to commit to a 2 year contract with them for the services they provide...

...sorry. Got interrupted by a Rogers service agent. As it turns out, if you have 4 services with them (we have phone, cable, wireless and internet) and you tell them that it would be stupid to sign on to a 2-year contract because you expect to move, thereby breaking the contract, you will be in (and I quote), "a unique situation", and an exception can be made. This is good because I would have taken little pleasure in alerting the Philipina-sounding woman on the other end of the line to the reality that some idiot business grad working for Rogers, making probably 20 times her salary was responsible for a decision that was the ultimate cause of me ceasing to be a Rogers customer, and she was going to have to deal with it. Believe me, it is demoralizing to work for people whose judgment you find lacking.

In other news, I tossed out the bridesmaid's bouquet of callow lillies that Rebecca brought home from Heather's wedding (which I realize I have not blogged about yet). It was sitting in water on the table, but the petals were starting to drop off as the flowers died, and I learned that dying callow lillies start to smell like dead fish. I hope Heather's bouquet is doing well. It was saved especially for my aunt Kathy, who was unable to attend, but holds a special fondness for bridal bouquets, as does one of Heather's bridesmaids, Lila, who went to an adjacent reception hall during the evening (The Old Mill having been converted from a flour mill to a wedding mill during its restoration) and caught the bouquet there.

0 comments: