Thursday, July 24, 2008

Conferencing

So I'm here in Washington, DC as a result of a last-minute decision to go to this year's CogSci conference (I link to the conference website both because it's relevant, and also because I was the person who actually created it -- I take full responsibility for its limited aesthetics and early 2000's design sensibilities). I'm here to meet with Jeff Elman to discuss the possibility of doing a postdoc with him at UCSD. A few minutes ago, I found myself in a conversation in the lobby with: Ken McRae, Jeff Elman, Larry Barsalou, Larry's new grad student Jon, and Alex Martin. If this is any indication, Jeff and Larry have Wikipedia pages, and Alex probably should. That was really cool, in a science geek kind of way.

I now take this opportunity to say hi Smu!

0 comments: