Tuesday, June 7, 2011

7337 H@xx0rz

It's June, making now a good time to look back at the past school year and take stock of what my son has learned. From the Ontario Junior Kindergarten curriculum: not too much, though his penmanship has improved. That, however, could just as easily be attributable to the copying exercises his Lolo sets out for him and his cousins to keep them quiet on those days they don't have school. He has a precocious grasp of some concepts from physical, chemical and biological science as well as numbers (including the rudiments of binary, which I really must do something with), but here again, we can thank They Might Be Giants, rather than the school system.



So what has my son learned in school this year? For the most part, I'm not entirely sure, but I do know this: There is a computer in the classroom. Over the last 9 months, he has aligned himself with the morally ambiguous element in his classroom, and was preoccupied with figuring out his teacher's computer log-in and password, mentioning it almost every time I dropped him off at school.

1 comments:

CornishScotts said...

OMG this made me laugh out loud. TMBG is core curriculum in our homeschool btw.