Friday, July 16, 2010

Macho

This is a short one. I'm watching a program on Discovery Channel called Man Woman Wild. Holy crap. The wikipedia people should update their entry on douche, because I don't see Mykel Hawke's (seriously? I'm pretty sure he cribbed that name from a G.I. Joe action figure) picture anywhere on the page. Look, I'll go on record as saying that I hold a dim view on women's studies as an academic pursuit (mostly based on what I have seen decorating the doors in university departments, or reports I have heard from intrepid males and females alike who have taken the odd course to fill out their timetables), and I am only being slightly flippant when I say it would be nice if I could bitch about life and call it a special topics course, but if I have any feminist sympathies at all, this dude brings them out. But don't take my word for it -- you can watch clips from the show and decide for yourself. Every time he calls his wife "babe", it's like biting tin foil. I don't think his survival skills are going to be much help when his wife puts arsenic in his coffee.


This pithy sentiment seen adorning the halls of Wymyn's Studies departments everywhere

0 comments: