Friday, April 18, 2008

On the Dole

This one is a quickie: I am eating lunch, as I am wont to do, and realized I hadn't yet opened my little Dole tetra pak. For some reason, the people at Tetra Pak feel the need to fasten the cello-wrapped straw to the outside of the box using Liquid Nails®, or some other brand of construction adhesive. Although I appreciate their concern that I might lose my straw, I invariably end up bending the straw all to hell in the process of detaching it from the box. So I end up with a straw with a hole in it making it somewhat less effective, and much noisier as it now sucks up a bunch of air.

Stupid Drink Box

3 comments:

effamy said...

you suck.

effamy said...

have you ever tried the handicapped word verification? amusing.

Molotov Tiki said...

Try gently tearing the plastic wrapping at the center and you'll find that you can get the straw easily with NO aggression required and therefore no harm to the straw. In fact, set up a control experiment and see if chaotic barbaric attempts to retrieve the straw work better than the elegantly proposed strategy.

Three years back in school turned me into an expert in these matters.