Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Today's comment comes as I wait for the transfer of my mp3 collection from one honkin' external hard disk to a much trimmer model (albeit with less capacity). After that's done, I'll be copying Season 1 of the HBO series Rome to my hard disk, in case I feel like watching it while I'm on the plane. Because I'm leaving for Italy, you see, and Rome is in Italy, and I gotta keep up on my current events. Who's the current caesar, anyways?
A bear wiping his ass! How cute!
This evening, while Rebecca was off at Amabile rehearsal, I was trying to assuage a very unhappy Jude, who is presently fighting a cold that has settled in his chest, leaving him with a cough and runny nose. So he didn't nap well today, and it showed. Some time after 9 he started to fade, so I took him downstairs to the basement where it is much cooler, and I could watch some of the TV programming for which we pay an obscene amount per month (the topic of a future rant). I saw another ad in the interminable series of Charmin ads featuring animated bears wiping their asses in the forest. Am I the only one that has actually stopped to consider the content of these damn commercials? Does nobody else find this even the littlest bit disgusting? Ass-wiping isn't cute, even if it's animated. And you can bet your ass that wiping a bear's ass is even less cute, if I can assume for a minute that the mess that a bear would make is at least an order of magnitude more disgusting than that made by, say a house cat like Ron, who was plenty disgusting in his own right (two words: muffin bum). In my quest to find a suitable picture for this entry, I was pleased to find that I'm not alone in my revulsion. Google charmin bear and you will find multiple blog entries on the topic.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Are they the ones that comment about pieces of toilet paper getting stuck to your ass? I find that just plain strange, in that this is happening to the point it becomes a selling point.