Wednesday, February 1, 2012

An experiment gone satisfactorily well. I had my fats and proteins at lunch today when I had leftover chili con carne from last night, so I was fine to spare an animal at dinner. I happened to have a bunch of potatoes, and a bunch of carrots. My first thought was the potato soup I always make, but decided against it because I always make it, which got me googling carrot soup. I found a Rachel Ray recipe for curried carrot soup, and I found a recipe for potato and carrot soup. So I blended them, just like I blend my soup

I sauteed half a yellow onion in olive oil in my pressure cooker, then added 4 shredded carrots and 2 shredded potatoes and sauteed that as well. When the onions were translucent and starting to caramelize, I added about 4 cups of chicken broth, some unknown amount of curry, salt and ground coriander. Did you know coriander is in the carrot family? I don't know how I knew that, but it's true, I just checked it out. That's probably why the taste worked out.

So anyways, my soup has probably cooled sufficiently to eat it, so I'm going to stop writing about my dinner and eat it.

0 comments: