Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Verboten

Today we enjoyed a relatively pleasant spring day here in the Chicago area -- or at least, some of us enjoyed it. Others, such as I, spent the day indoors being productive. In between the parade of meetings I had, I dialed in to my favourite news source to see what's what.

This story got my goat today. Aside from appearing undemocratic, the PC Party of Canada Harper government policy of turning away potential voters who actually want to get informed just reinforces the image of a party full of yes-men engaging in groupthink.

Despite the facade behind which I occassionally write, I don't actually have any delusions about my sphere of influence, so, aside from guaranteeing my ineligibility to attend any event held by the PC Party of Canada Harper party, there's little point in arguing why I find Mr. Harper to be the scariest despot never to wage war on his own people. Actually, scratch that last qualifier.

Speaking of hamburger...

I am back in top BBQ form this evening as I took advantage of the remains of the day to cook up one of my fantastic creations from last summer: Blue Cheeseburger with Bacon (with the blue cheese and bacon mixed into the patty). Today's improvement comes courtesy of Bobby Flay, who recommends indenting the middle of your patty so that it doesn't cook into that usual flying-saucer shaped meatball that homemade patties often do on the grill.

0 comments: